12 o'clock blessing

this is where i count my blessings. it doesn't have to be a million dollar blessing. i just want to list down the blessings i receive everyday. this is a way for me to show myself how i am truly blessed.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

china luncheon meat

we had ma-ling for lunch. this is a luncheon meat very popular here. this is more saleable than SPAM. There is a slight taste difference from SPAM. But i guess Ma Ling is not trying to copy SPAM. They are just two luncheon meats of two different tastes.

Ma Ling is canned in round tins. I faked my hunny's portion by slicing it close to the shape of the rectangular Spam. I then got the shapeless trimmings as my own share of the meat.

I then pan fried them on good bacon oil till light brown. Over frying is also good if you want a hint of crunchiness in the bite.

I then checked our vegetable crisper and found good leeks. I chopped the leeks diagonally and browned them on the same pan.

Now we have Ma Ling that looks like Spam with generous toppings of caramelized leeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home